Mark trained to be a chef for 2 years in New York at the Culinary Institute of America and then went on to cook in Michelin starred restaurants throughout the UK. In 2005, he met Nadine at The Vineyard at Stockcross in Berkshire and one year later both decided to move to Scotland, where Mark worked as Sous-chef in The Peat Inn, which is now a Michelin star restaurant. In 2008, Mark decided to return to education and graduated with a Diploma in Hotel & Restaurant Management from the prestigious Ecole hôtelière de Lausanne in Switzerland. Having always worked as a chef, he wanted to try out the other side of the restaurant and took on the role as Food and Beverage Manager at Rocca Bar & Grill within the Macdonald Rusacks Hotel in St.Andrews, Scotland. In St.Andrews, the home of golf, Mark experienced different types of guests and their demands.
Ski status: ski pro
- What is he good at: ironing, makes most yummy food ever!!!!
- What is he not so good at: filing receipts and paperwork in general
- Interest: loves F1 and Rugby
- Favorite drink: cider
- Loves: powder days
- Dislikes: brussels sprouts and rainy days
Motto: Just get it done!!!
Nadine, originally from Schwerin in Germany, began her career as a waitress in Germany and Switzerland and worked from mountain hotels to 5star hotels all around Europe. Nadine has a Diploma in Hotel & Restaurant Management from the prestigious Ecole hôtelière de Lausanne in Switzerland and her passion is hospitality. She loves to work with her team and giving training. Nadine is a workaholic and in charge of social media, human resources and finance and with her German organisation all paperwork is super organised (most of the times).
Ski status: Intermediate and totally beginner for snowboarding but the fastest in sledging
- What is she good at: giving orders, filing, cleaning and organizing everyone else!!!
- What is she not so good at: cooking, baking or any kind of kitchen work
- Interest: art, craft, travelling and languages
- Favorite drink: pink champagne, gin and camomile tea
- Loves: Mark and being self employed
- Dislikes: garden work, hot peppers and slow people
Motto: Everything is possible!
Aubin has worked many years in farming in Cupar, near St.Andrews in Scotland and run a B&B with Jackie, where he first discovered his love for hospitality. He loves meeting people, good food and wine and appreciates the French way of life. Aubin has great ways of entertaining a group of people and making everybody comfortable. He is the only one of us who speaks French fluently and therefore Aubin is in high demand.
Ski status: not as great as he thinks he is!
- What is he good at: driving minivans
- What is he not so good at: listening and remembering to take his phone with him
- Interest: sports, golf and ski
- Favorite drink: red wine
- Loves: adventure and reading all his books
- Dislikes: soap operas and rice pudding
Motto: How much?
Jackie loves living in France as the weather is warmer and the sun shines more often than in Scotland. She has helped Aubin many years on their farm in Scotland and run a B&B. Jackie has many different talents, such as flower decorator, interior designer, embroiderer, lacemaker and beader. She loves to work with her hands and has made all the curtains and cushions in both chalets and has a good eye for detail in everything she does. Jackie is very inventive and comes up with crazy ideas, which often have come very successful.
Ski status: mum like
- What is she good at: art, cooking, good with hands, interior design
- What is she not so good at: diplomacy and relaxing
- Interest: handcraft and being creative
- Favorite drink: champagne of course
- Loves: quality
- Dislikes: snakes, cruelty and slow people
Motto: Some things are meant!
Easy going and fun to be around. Known for being outgoing and spontaneous with decisions. Likes anything that is outdoors and involving snow. Daniel likes all winter sports and this winter will be his first season.
Ski / Snowboard status: good at skiing/better snowboarder
- What is he good at: good at cooking and talking to different people
- What is he not so good at: rubbish dancer as he has two left feet
- Interest: bike riding/snow boarding and cooking
- Favorite drink: southern comfort
- Loves: anything to do with food
- Dislikes: running and Sunday drivers
Motto: Live every minute to its fullest!
James is returning back for his second season with Book4Alps, third season in Les Carroz. An extremely friendly person, happy to help with anything on or off the piste. His adventurous self always makes for an interesting day on the slopes (ending up in rivers, gullies and trees, follow at own risk!). Looking forward to this season enjoying some incredible snowboarding, improving his cooking skills further, seeing old friends, making new friends and generally having a good time.
Ski / Snowboard status: Advance snowboarder
- What is he good at: Socialising and talking all the time
- What is he not so good at: Watching Wales lose in rugby
- Interest: Adventure sports, Food
- Favorite drink: Peroni
- Loves: Powder days and Carpe Diem pub in Les Carroz
- Dislikes: Whiteouts and Wipeouts
Motto: I’ll only have one pint tonight and no waiting for friends on powder days!
Jessenta is born and brought up on a farm in the Warwickshire countryside and she is not afraid to give anything a go nor role her sleeves up and get her hands dirty. Jessenta loves meeting new people and getting to know them as she is quite nosey and spontaneous and this keeps everyone on their toes! She has been known to clear her local pub with her laugh but she loves nothing more than having a couple of cocktails with her friends but not to many as she may struggle the morning after! Jessenta has skied in Austria, Italy, America, Canada and Lapland with Santa and she is really looking forward to being in the famous French Alps!
Ski/Snowboard Status: I’ll give anything ago (with my eyes shut!)
- What is she good at: Clearing a whole pub with her laugh
What is she not so good at: Reaching high shelves
Interests: Exploring undiscovered places
Favourite drink: Expresso Martinis and Pina Coladas
Loves: Chocolate and dauchounds
Dislikes: Rude people, snakes and glass bottom floors
Motto: Life is short, break the rules, forgive quickly, kiss slowly, love truly, laugh uncontrollably and never forget anything that made you smile!
Alice is an event management graduate, who was always eager to travel the world. She left Wales 18 months ago to make it happen. Alice loves meeting new people and always trying out new things. Christmas is her favourite time of the year and she could not be happier to be spending her next christmas in the snowy French Alps. Alice is super excited to get out to the resort to work!
Ski status: the better side of a beginner! Definitely need some work on my technique
Snowboard status: have never tried it but eager to have a go!
- What is she good at: giving advice and throwing myself out of my comfort zone
- What is she not so good at: remembering where I put something when I hid it in a ‘safe place’
- Interest: travelling, diving/ snorkelling, music festivals
- Favourite drink: a glass of Pinot grigio and cups of tea
- Loves: Christmas, beaches, spending time with my family and friends
- Dislikes: onions and spiders
Motto: Make memories not good choices! Life is for living.
Lewis comes from Liverpool, but he was born in London. (No he does not have a scouse accent, but many think he does!!). This will be his first year coming to the French Alps and he is looking forward to the experience of meeting new people and working away from home. He is not afraid of hard work and likes to be busy all the time. He enjoys having fun and making people laugh with his witty sense of humour. Lewis enjoys being able to create different and new dishes in the kitchen for guests to enjoy.
Ski / Snowboard status: no experience as of yet but will go right in!
- What is he good at: cooking (phew!)
- What is he not so good at: skiing and snowboarding
- Interest: football, food and F1
- Favorite drink: Water! …… Gin
- Loves: MUM!!
- Dislikes: bananas!
Motto: Always stay positive no matter what!